Friday, February 7, 2014

IVF Journey (2)

Finally, the army grew into the ideal size range of 18mm to 22mm on 2nd day of CNY. Dr Cheng  & Catherine both made a trip to the clinic to let me have a scan to ensure everything is ok. I am administered with a dosage of Lucrin (for the ripening of eggs) at 9pm to 9.30pm on the same day in preparation for the surgery on 4th day of CNY.

I need to fast since 12 midnight on the day of surgery, not even a single sip of water. With the constant prayers, I wasn't too nervous and had a good rest the night before. Hubby brought me to the Thomson Fertility Center early in the morning as we are scheduled to arrive at 8am for the operation. Catherine was already there...I really admire her punctuality and her passion for her job. (She did shared with me her personal story) She has welcomed me and prepared me for the surgery. She has been very caring towards me and I really respect and felt loved by God that he has sent her to walk me through this journey together.

I changed into my attire, joked abit before sitting myself on the surgery chair. Everything was ok as Cahterine & my hubby have been with me all these while. There came Dr Tan who is in charge of anesthetic and he clarified some medical history & verify my particulars before performing his job on me. Suddenly my tears flowed down like a stream....I was fearful as the atmosphere reminded me that this is my first surgery in my whole life. Hubby and Catherine quickly come by me and dried my tears and calmed me down...ensuring me that things will be fine. The last I remembered in the operating theater was breathing in the oxygen mask....

I woke up on the resting bed outside and feeling safe & happy as I don't feel any pain at all. Just like wake up in the morning from a good night sleep. I vaguely remember that a nurse gave a container to my hubby for the sperm collection. I guess I went back to sleep again. At about 10am, a nurse came to me and asked if it is alright to let me have biscuits and Milo at 10.15am. I felt hungry then and quickly nodded my head. I wasn't aware of the timing at all and I just knew that my hubby was sitting next to me and I was comfortably lying on a bed. After finishing the food, I asked for Catherine and Dr Cheng. Then I realised that they have left the place long ago... Hubby told me I was snoring amidst the surgery and he was there watching each follicles taken out of my body with Dr Cheng & Dr Tan. Dr Ballargi (I thought his name was Dr Biology...haha). Dr Cheng left 2 inside my ovary as he said it is quite near the blood vein and it is fine to leave it there...

In total, 37 eggs was retrieved from my ovaries. =)

Dr Ballargi gave me a ring the next morning. Informed me that 23 out of 37 eggs were matured. 17 out of 23 has been fertilised. However, he also mentioned that some of them are of poor qualities...I got worried! I asked him how many of them are good quality and he answered: " One..Two...only 2 I didn't made any comments and the rest all I have comments, so it is 2." My heart sank and started to feel lousy. I whatsapped my hubby about the news immediately. I prayed to heavenly father for miracles to happened. In the initial hour after the news, I wasn't able to concentrate on anything. Many negatives thoughts flowed in...need to go through the injections cycles again...adoption...etc. I went on for an hour and felt lost.

Luckily I have many books from friends (I declare from Mui Leng & Chicken Soup for soul from Amos) recently and I decided to grab one of them to read and distract myself. They are all short story so I started to speak to God via prayers in between. As I have learned, I should trust God for his plans for me and cast all my worries and burdened on him. I sticked to this belief the entire day.

Catherine gave me a ring early the next morning, she informed me that I have 10 good embyros to be frozen. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord. Miracles really happened. I am happy with the results...that my tears almost filled my eyes once again. I quickly arranged with Catherine to collect my medicines & proceed with my FET program. I also went to visit TFC to collect my embyro report and I have a first glance on the 10 embyros of my own & hubby's. 6 Grade 1 and 4 Grade 2 embyros...Thanks heavenly father for the abundance blessings for us!








No comments: